City of Thunder Bay – COVID-19 Update on Services Including No Visitors Allowed at Pioneer Ridge
As directed by Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer to ensure the safety of residents, no visitors are allowed at Pioneer Ridge Long Term Care at this time.
Call Before Dropping Off Items at Pioneer Ridge
Items can be picked up or dropped off at the Pioneer Ridge staff entrance – call 630-5253 to make these arrangements.
Staff are working hard to provide quality care for residents, and this may affect their ability to answer the phone during peak times. If you have any questions or concerns, please direct these to the Business Office: 684-3910, or Administrator Office: 684-3917.
Residents of Thunder Bay Asked to Help in Important Ways with Safe Waste Disposal
For everyone’s health and safety, the City of Thunder Bay is asking residents to practice safe waste disposal. At this time, bag all waste rather than placing it loosely in garbage containers or cans.
The City of Thunder Bay asks residents not to flush wipes down the drain, even if they are advertised as flushable. Wipes can block homeowner and municipal sewer pipes causing sewer backups and disruptions to the treatment processes at the Water Pollution Control Plant. Only toilet paper should be flushed down the drain.
Examples of wipes include, but are not limited to:
- Bathroom wipes (often advertised as flushable);
- Baby wipes;
- Paper towels or paper napkins;
- Household cleaning wipes;
- Body cleaning wipes;
- Feminine hygiene products (sanitary napkins, tampons, and panty-liners; and
- Makeup remover wipes.
Residents are asked to dispose of any of the products listed above in the garbage.
In addition to previously announced closures of parks and recreation facilities, the Centennial Park Chalet is closed indefinitely. Portable washrooms are being installed.
For more information:
- www.thunderbay.ca/coronavirus – read the latest City news releases related to the virus.
- www.ontario.ca/coronavirus – the Ontario Ministry of Health reports on the status of cases in Ontario each morning at 10:30 am.
- www.TBDHU.COM/coronavirus – the Health Unit’s website contains links to credible sources of information for both the public and local health care providers.
Contact: Stacey Levanen, Supervisor – Corporate Communications, 625-3650
Download update below: