GETTING PEOPLE HOME: COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation has rolled out an immediate plan to offer travel assistance to help people get home in the wake of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Any member of a Nishnawbe Aski Nation First Nation who has been displaced by the justice system is eligible for support. If you know anyone in need of assistance to get home following release, please contact the staff member by location:
Lenard Comber, (807) 632-0316 email@example.com
- Terri Zoccole, (807) 629-7031 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jacob Mekanak (cell details to follow) email@example.com
Timmins & Cochrane:
- Krystal Fortier, (705) 288-7800 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ne-Chee Friendship Centre is offering this service to persons in Kenora needing support. For assistance, contact Breena Kokopenace at email@example.com. Kaakewaaseya Justice Services through Grand Council Treaty #3 is offering this assistance to their
community members. Please contact Alison Napish at firstname.lastname@example.org or by cell at (807) 407-1425.
We need your support to identify individuals who require assistance as well as to contact them and get their arrangements to them. Please also be reminded that NALSC’s offices are closed. The best way to contact us is through the cellphone or email numbers provided.
You may also contact:
- Irene Linklater, Executive Director at (807) 630-3757 email@example.com;
- Danielle Wood, Area Director at (807) 356-6600 firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Heather Baillie, LAO Coordinator at (807) 627-0862 email@example.com;
- George Edwards, Gladue Manager at (807) 629-4213 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download memo below: